Why become a member? ×

EMG BQC System

Josh

I'm really having thoughts about getting this installed on my Spector, purely because I know the bass has much more potential and even though the Spector Tone-Pump is very useable, I'd just like to have more control over the treble and mids as opposed to the 2 seperate volume controls and the treble and bass controls.

Has anyone had experience with this pre-amp? Does it make a significant difference to the tone?

Thanks All,

Josh.

[quote name='Josh' post='327776' date='Nov 12 2008, 05:29 PM']I'm really having thoughts about getting this installed on my Spector, purely because I know the bass has much more potential and even though the Spector Tone-Pump is very useable, I'd just like to have more control over the treble and mids as opposed to the 2 seperate volume controls and the treble and bass controls.

Has anyone had experience with this pre-amp? Does it make a significant difference to the tone?

Thanks All,

Josh.[/quote]
Hi Josh,
I fitted the BQC to a passive fretless I own and it made a big difference in terms of tonal possibilities. The only thing I was not to keen on was that the wiring coming off the main circuit board is very brittle (at the solder joints)...so if you do install be very careful as the wiring sometimes snaps off at the circuit board...this is a real pain if you don't remember where the wires were originally attached. I liked having the mid sweep.

Edited by alembic1989

[quote name='cetera' post='331480' date='Nov 18 2008, 02:11 PM']Hey Josh,

This is quite a popular change to make for those not getting on with the TonePump. I'm sure you'll love it!

Gary[/quote]

Hey Gary,

I do like the TonePump, I like being able to control the individual volumes of the pick up's, but I'm just after a little more control of the mids and treble, but for the meanwhile I'm happy with the tone.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Josh as Alembic says...Hi Josh,
I fitted the BQC to a passive fretless I own and it made a big difference in terms of tonal possibilities. The only thing I was not to keen on was that the wiring coming off the main circuit board is very brittle (at the solder joints)...so if you do install be very careful as the wiring sometimes snaps off at the circuit board...this is a real pain if you don't remember where the wires were originally attached. I liked having the mid sweep.

I had to totally rewire the supplied harness with EMG Jazz pups, be very careful.
I have a BTC in my Precision, that has a good scope on the sound of the pups.