Why become a member? ×

Gibson Thunderbird NOW SOLD
£900

Conan

I've not had this lovely bass long (traded through this very forum!), but I have my eye on something else and need to release some funds! 

Made in 2009. Condition-wise I would give it 9/10 as there are a couple of small, superficial dings and scratches (which I will try to show in photos) but nothing that affects playability. Plays beautifully, with one of the nicest necks I've ever played. Sounds monstrous, and has a huge range of tones from the two humbuckers - often described as a "Jazz bass on steroids", and I can see where that reference comes from! 

Balances very well, with no neck-dive at all (although I only use wide straps). Recently strung with DR Hi-Beams. Not heavy at around 8lb 6oz (according to my kitchen scales). Just feels like a serious quality instrument!

Comes in the original hard case, which is so plush that my cat has it's eye on it as a bed! These pics will do for now, but I will take some more ASAP. Any questions just ask. I'm happy to ship this, but obviously this will be at the purchaser's expense (and risk). I will deliver locally (North East and North West England, and South West Scotland) for petrol expenses.

I would much prefer a cash sale, but if you have anything in a Status, Fender Jazz-type, G&L, Musicman or Yamaha style and fancy a trade, just shout! No amps or cabs required thanks (unless it's an EAD Foundation 212!!) :D

Edited by Conan
  • Like 1

This was previously my bass, owned since new and is a fantastic instrument. I was never much of a gibson fan before this bass and it blew me away that i ended up selling my fender collection xD

Geoff is a true gentlman to deal with too. You'll never meet a nicer guy to deal with. 

Buy with confidence 

• Thanks 1

Comments welcome on pricing. I think this is a fair price looking at what these tend to go for...

Also, just for clarity, I want to make it clear that I really like this bass! If I was more of a collector I'd be more than happy to keep it as it is a beautiful example of a classic , iconic bass. I just don't think I'll be using it much with my current band and would rather use it to fund a different instrument that I would actually use! There are no problems at all with the instrument itself... :) I have extensive, positive feedback, so you can buy with confidence.

Trade offers welcome, although my preference would still be for a cash sale. However, I realise that cash is not always easy to come by in the run-up to Christmas!

Edited by Conan

Some more photos, in which i have tried to show the (small) dints and marks... I took a lot of pics, but the marks were not keen to reveal themselves!

Edited by Conan