Why become a member? ×

Squier pro-tone query

SICbass

I‘ve got a fair offer to buy one of these. The tone pot looks like it may be damaged (it turns unendlessly). Anyone here know what spec the pot is and what it may cost to replace?
To be more specific, it‘s a squier pro-tone V, p/j set up.

Edited by SICbass

It usually takes me longer than 10-15 mins. I always think it's going to be that quick....
But it usually takes me more than that, just removing scratchplate screws, carefully putting them somewhere I won't lose them etc
And fussing about, trying not to snag any of the wiring etc etc lol

But as SICbass says, it's a pretty straightforward job, if you can use a soldering iron....
You can check which value pot it is when you take the scratchplate off. They're pretty cheap, but get a decent one as you're replacing it anyway
No point in spoiling the job with a cheap pot - get the best one available

As a point of interest, you can also now get "solder glue" - I've bought myself a tube of this, but haven't got around to using it yet... others tell me it's pretty good though

Edited by Marc S

„But as SICbass says, it's a pretty straightforward job, if you can use a soldering iron....“

In the interests of fairness, it was nilebodgers said that, not me 😊.
By the way, I‘m still fantasising about your cv precision which I see is back up on sale. If you were in Berlin like this pro-tone is I‘d have given in by now.

Edited by SICbass

[quote name='Marc S' timestamp='1510158814' post='3404373']
It usually takes me longer than 10-15 mins. I always think it's going to be that quick....
[/quote]

I'd agree with this!

The other day I had a couple of hours before my girlfriend finished work so started rewiring my bass but then time went on and I had to come back to it after picking her up - definitely takes a while for me but time really flies when I'm concentrating on it.