Why become a member? ×

*Available again* Vintage Ampeg V4B late 70's
£750

NoirBass

The clear out continues and reluctantly I'm putting this Beauty up for sale.

This is the all valve small brother to the classic SVT, I believe it a 1976 Magnavox era model. It pumps out 100W of you favourite all valve Ampeg goodness. I bought this some years ago for a series of recording sessions I was doing with a Prog band and it performed its job admirably. Subsequently I used it for one gig (Where our sound man said it was his favourite bass sound ever!) and then decided that rather than fund my osteopaths retirement I'd leave it at home. There it has sat since sadly.

The guy I bought it from told me that it had been recently re valved and that the transformer had been changed to a comparable UK (240V) unit. This means you can plug it straight into UK mains without the need for a step down transformer. Overall it look a bit tatty, but I think that just adds to the charm of an amp like this. As an added bonus, it come with a full (butter dish style) flightcase.

I paid £750 for it some years ago so I'm looking to recoup that. This is strictly collection only from North London N21 as it weighs more than most planets!! (even without the flightcase!)

Please PM me you email address for more pics if you require.

IMG_4593.JPG.b3893c3bf8a27b72280b9d57e4949484.JPG

IMG_4596.JPG.1abe0a0648b5d12cf1b8e2e23caa5bbe.JPG

IMG_4588.JPG.b2f5ad0b40c2d200de7e568144c82398.JPG

Edited by NoirBass
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...