Why become a member? ×

Bit of a plea - gig slot needed 24/11/17 - London

NancyJohnson

My band were due to be playing at The Islington in London on Friday 24/11/17, but the promoter has proved himself to be the 100% **** that goes before his reputation and the whole show has been bumped.

My primary concern here is that sharing the bill with us on the 24th is/was a band we gigged with in Milan last month, they're flying in for the gig on the 24th and another on the 25th (in Reading) and flying home on the 26th. They've paid for flights, hotels. I couldn't care less about my band at this juncture, I'm just looking for a slot for them in Landaan, so the weekend isn't a 50% loss.

Anyone gigging? Got space for a half hour slot? They're a great band and lovely people.

Cheers
Paul

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RF4Vy94Pyhc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYenh_EiOpc

• 2 weeks later...

OK here goes.

We got Hawaii Zombies a slot at Nambucca, Holloway N7 on 24/11/17.  They're playing with my band (Who Killed Nancy Johnson?) at Readipop, Reading on 25/11/17.

HZ are a great band...well worth the effort if you're in the vicinity.  The double-header on the 25th should be a blast.

Excellent.

Nambucca is an OK venue to play...but there isn't much passing trade.  It's the "wrong" end of Holloway for people to get to just to see who might be on.  Mind you, I've not played there for about four or five years so it may have improved.

Best hope for them is to be on with some popular headliners, and to promote the hell out of it themselves

6 hours ago, Monkey Steve said:

Excellent.

Nambucca is an OK venue to play...but there isn't much passing trade.  It's the "wrong" end of Holloway for people to get to just to see who might be on.  Mind you, I've not played there for about four or five years so it may have improved.

Best hope for them is to be on with some popular headliners, and to promote the hell out of it themselves

HZ are from Milan, we played two dates with them last month in Milan and Turin.  We're pretty tight with them (long story)...they have friends in London, so they'll attend, I'm sure.