Why become a member? ×

Amp stand for heavier cabs?

JuliusGroove

I've got two Aguilar DB112s as my current rig, the only probably I find with them is that even stacked they only come around 28 inches off the floor, so I struggle to hear them unless the stage happens to have a raised cover for them.

Does anybody know of any kick back that could handle the weight of one of these or portable shelf for cabs that can take the weight? (They are 20kg each)

Ideally, I would keep one on the floor and have another kicked back on top or on an elevated surface.

Thanks guys!

Jack

I had the same problem with my DB112s and this was my solution.

These folding aluminum steps were cheap to buy on eBay even for a pair and made all the difference to hearing myself properly on stage. Surprising how little the cabs had to be raised to make them more audible up close.
I did initially consider finding a way to kick the top cab back but I think this looks neater personally and means I can still keep the head on top where it's easily accessible.

I had the same problem with my two VdK112 cabs. When I only had one I used the earlier mentioned quicklok stand. Now with two cabs I use the same stand but 90 degrees flipped so the two rear bars on the picture are on the ground and the cabs sit on the other ones. Now I have a leveled stand. Make sure the locking mechanism is tight.