Why become a member? ×

Can I have a go mister

Monz

Very shortly... before the end of the month anyway I will have the means to purchase a new bass (and all the other bits I have been dreaming of for the last 12 months lol). I have narrowed this down to three but one of them "GB Spitfire" is out of the running due to the lead time so the two remaining are:

1) Musicman Bongo 5 HH (have played a couple and really impressed)
2) Status S2 Classic Headed 5 (Not yet played one but would love to)

Would any on you kind Status owning BCers mind letting me just have 1/2 hour on one just to see if it is as good as I have been told it is.

I'm not a slap player just a really basic fingerstyle player so I wont abuse your pride and joy.

I am based in Barnsley "up in't frozen north" so anywhere within a tank of petrol of me and at your convenience obviously.

Anyone else who wants to mess with my mind and tell me a better bass please feel free but the pre requisites are... 5 strings, narrow string spacing and low action

Thanks for reading my inane ramblings

If you fancy a trip across the M62 I'm just on the south side of the Humber Bridge. I've got an S2-Classic through neck, S2-Classic 5-string bolt-on, KingBass Artist & an older Series II. They're all headless, but the neck feel on the headed ones isn't really any different. The weight difference is negligable as well.

Rich.

[quote name='durandassi' post='324900' date='Nov 8 2008, 06:05 PM']Whats the lead time on GB's at the mo then?

James.[/quote]

Bernie told me at the S E Bassbash the absolute minimum was 3 months but even that was pushing it, I'm sure it's worth waiting for but waiting is not something I do well.

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='324927' date='Nov 8 2008, 06:56 PM']If you fancy a trip across the M62 I'm just on the south side of the Humber Bridge. I've got an S2-Classic through neck, S2-Classic 5-string bolt-on, KingBass Artist & an older Series II. They're all headless, but the neck feel on the headed ones isn't really any different. The weight difference is negligable as well.

Rich.[/quote]

That is very kind of you good sir :)

PM'd

[quote name='Monz' post='325049' date='Nov 8 2008, 10:57 PM']Bernie told me at the S E Bassbash the absolute minimum was 3 months but even that was pushing it, I'm sure it's worth waiting for but waiting is not something I do well.[/quote]

A New Status has a lead time of at least 3 months too.

I have an S2 classic headless, but I guess I'm too far away - Luton in Bedfordshire (approx 30 miles north of London). If you find yourself in my neck of the woods then you can give it a spin.

Incidentally, I wouldn't say that the status had narrow string spacing!?!

Edited by Golchen

[quote name='Monz' post='325049' date='Nov 8 2008, 10:57 PM']Bernie told me at the S E Bassbash the absolute minimum was 3 months but even that was pushing it, I'm sure it's worth waiting for but waiting is not something I do well.[/quote]

That's nothing! You have to wait over a year for a new Chapman stick!