Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Shout out to Strings Direct

anzoid

Hope this is allowed and in the appropriate place.

Just wanted to do a shout out to Strings Direct for awesome customer service.

Wanted to buy a replacement pickup cover for my somewhat scratched up SD Quarter Pounder P-bass pickup. The distributor in the UK is Rosetti and they have a system on their website whereby you send out requests to stockists around the UK with your potential order. Well, I sent off a handful of requests and only Strings Direct replied.

Brandon (Hi Brandon if you read this!! :D) took charge of the order and put in an order with Rosetti for the pickup covers, or so we thought... The order was actually for just one pickup cover because apparently that's how you sell P-bass pickup covers... Brandon got straight on with getting another cover ordered and I chucked a set of strings to the order which also had to be ordered in. When everything arrived I was offered a discount for the delay and hassle (I think I may have caused more of the hassle...).

So, if you need parts from Rosetti, Strings Direct is the place to start. Service award for "above and beyond" with P-bass pickup covers.

Good to hear, although I was really disappointed to have bought some plectrums from SD last week, paid £2.99 for postage and it took 5 days to receive them. If they had put them in a normal envelope, bought a single first class stamp and put them in the post that day I'd have had them in less than 24hrs.

Edited by mrtcat

yeah good to share good experiences as well as the bad ones.

bassstringsonline.com are also great to deal with.

As for manufacturers, Hipshot have excellent customer service

I bought a used bridge and needed to source the teensy tiny allen key for the saddle screws. Hipshot sent me seven from the USA to Oz for free! I repeat, I bought it used, a year earlier lol