Why become a member? ×

*Feeler* MTD 535 *Feeler*

Josh

Just gauging how much interest I can get for it.

Been thinking seriously about this for the last few weeks and I've pretty much deicded that my 635 is the one I prefer in both tone and feel, being that the 535 is much more warmer and P-Bass esque sounding, obviously with the MTD fundamentals which I just adore but I find my 635 is much more the MTD tone I prefer. It's all down to the different woods and although this bass sounds great and plays effortlessly and since owning it has helped me to no end to help define my tone and my 635 has helped continue that, it's just quit ean expensive bass to only be playing now and again.

[u][b]Pics:[/b][/u]

[u][b]
Specs:
[/b][/u]
MTD USA 535 *855
5 String
35' Scale
21 Frets
4 coil passive pick-ups and electronics are custom made by Bill Bartolini
3 Position Switch Mid Selector
Buzz Feiten system
Maple neck and board
Mahogany body
Spalted maple top

Tradewise I'm only considering other high qaulity basses, such as: Ken Smith, Sadowsky, Roscoe, Zon, Fodera, or a MTD 24 fret 535 It's a long shot but hey, I'll be more than happy to hold onto it if there is nothing that takes my fancy. Please note I'm not after any fretless basses or Fenders.

Also if anyone is interested theya re welcome to try out the bass as well.

Thanks all,

Josh.

Edited by Josh

[quote name='NickThomas' post='325228' date='Nov 9 2008, 12:14 PM']THats's a beauty !! Wish I had some trade bait :)[/quote]

I wish someone had a Roscoe they didn't want :huh: Or a certain fretted 5 String Smith.

Ohhh thought I'd add that I'd also be interested in a Warwick Thumb NT 4/5/6 (1999 - Present only) + Money, Mudvaynes new album is out soon so tis' the season for Thumbs :).

Edited by Josh

[quote name='Josh' post='325665' date='Nov 10 2008, 08:03 AM']Ohhh thought I'd add that I'd also be interested in a Warwick Thumb NT 4/5/6 (1999 - Present only) + Money, Mudvaynes new album is out soon so tis' the season for Thumbs :huh:.[/quote]

Ahh Mudvayne (ryan martinie) Awsome!!

Thats a georgeous bass you got there Josh, I hope you get what you want for it, was just wondering why you would want a thumb from 99 onwards & not 89?

Al :)

[quote name='littleal' post='325738' date='Nov 10 2008, 10:14 AM']Ahh Mudvayne (ryan martinie) Awsome!!

Thats a georgeous bass you got there Josh, I hope you get what you want for it, was just wondering why you would want a thumb from 99 onwards & not 89?

Al :)[/quote]

The looks are quite different between the earlier Thumbs and the later ones, the earlier ones look to thin around the body and I really don't like the old truss rod cover font as well, they just look cheap, whereas the Thumbs I've prefered the looks of have always been the Thumbs of recent years.

• 1 year later...