Why become a member? ×

Fender Rumble 500 v3 combo - experience?

TRBboy

[quote name='roceci' timestamp='1505076203' post='3369356']
Nice fat edgy P tone there, sounds killer! Great version too.

I've played with the EQ a bit since & cutting the bass to 9 o'clock & taking a smidgen off the lows helps to remove the boom. I'll see how this translates in a live situation when I rock it next week with the functions band & report back.
[/quote]

This is what I do with mine. Bass around 10-11 o' clock

I've "borrowed" one, as part of the support to a main act. Used it several times, in fact
The main bands bass player loves it, and I have to say, I like it too...
We've played several medium sized gigs with it, one of them out doors, and I've seen this band play other outdoor gigs
Always copes remarkably well, despite them being 6, sometimes 7 piece

The owner doesn't seem to do much EQ fiddling - he sets everything pretty much at 12 O'clock. I tweak it a little, or use a Pre-amp pedal EQ controls, and leave his settings alone. It's quite lightweight, considering the punch it packs, and I never felt it struggled any time I've used it, or heard it played through by its' owner. Quite nice tone, definitely not "Boomy" always had plenty of headroom.

Would I swap it for my rig? Probably not, because my rig is more flexible (I have 2 different heads, for different situations / bands, and I use 1 or 2 of three different cabs - again for different bands / settings) But if I wanted a 300 - 500W combo, or if a pal asked me what combo I'd recommend in the 500W range - I'd definitely give this amp the heads up

Edited by Marc S

just sold mine, never quite sure about it, got a bit ratterly at volume and had to have the speakers replaced, luckily it had extended warranty on it, it was a bit too clean for my tastes I've moved on to a Trace Elliot head with Fender V2 speaker cabs, I know the Rumble is light but found it a bit cumbersome with just a top grab handle, it swung around a lot, but yeah good value for money it it's your thing

PS.Not tried their 300W combo, but would like to at some point
I was really impressed with the 100W version - I couldn't believe how light that combo is :o
And loud for a 100W amp too

Shame about your combo PaulWarning - still, at least it was still under warranty
I never noticed any rattling on the one I used, and the guy has gigged it a lot, and as I say, we both used it outdoors, in a large beer garden at that...
I know what you mean about it being "cumbersome" I often find that's the case with combos though....

[quote name='Highfox' timestamp='1505747070' post='3373966']
It gets it up close to ear level and even at low volumes it seems to fill the space nicely.
I have mine like that at the practice space and whenever we get a gig with a decent size stage or outdoors I'll take it along.
[/quote]

I almost always have mine sitting atop the matching 210. As Highfox says, it brings it closer to ear level. If you crank it, it gets seriously loud without farting out. I've played mine in a band with two cranked 50w Marshall heads into matching 4x12's. The Rumble was so loud, I had to back it off. ;)