Why become a member? ×

Cat stopped play.

ambient

I decided to try my hand at playing the recorder many years back, I must admit I had learnt to play it at school so was not a total novice, anyway after a couple of minutes my cat jumped on the bed and bit me! She was never one for biting, a couple of weeks later I could see her lazing around up at the top of our close, so I picked up the recorder and started playing again, I watched her charge down from the top of the close, through the cat flap and straight into the bedroom, knowing what was likely to happen I had discarded the recorder on the bed, she jumped up and attacked it......it was confined to the loft the following day, she is long gone now but I have never played the recorder since!

Okay Ambient. See what you've started now?

We had a neutered female that behaved like a tom. She was sweet natured but quite dominant. She'd see off dogs and other larger cats if they were on her patch.

The cute story? I got one of those chipped birthday cards once with the Stevie Wonder type "happy birthday" sample poorly digitised and full of aliasing. I opened it, it made noise then she woke promptly and began to stalk it. When I put it down for her to look at she prodded it and it opened just enough to start it making a noise. She immediately attacked it with her teeth! It was a determined attack on the bit of the card where the chip was concealed. I took it off her and kept it closed. She failed to kill the device inside the card but the puncture holes she made were all in a tight group where it was bonded in.

I don't think anyone likes those cards really.

I shall revisit this topic the next time I feel less fluffy and moist than required. Thanks for the OP.

[quote name='Monkey Steve' timestamp='1504797851' post='3367418']
my cat, Slaine, loves it when I play acoustic guitar. i have a photo somewhere of him as a kitten standing on the guitar picking at the strings.

Does like the bass, if not as much as the acoustic, but loves it when i change the strings as that gives him something metal, shiny and dangling in front of him that clearly must be played with......
[/quote]

Yes, my siamese cat, Nellie loves it when I change bass or guitar strings too - I suspect that many cat-owning BC members would confirm that their feline companion likes a nice shiny guitar string :)