Why become a member? ×

NAD Fender Pro 800 Update - Played at 100 Club

Mykesbass

I recently picked up (from a BC member, but from ebay) a lovely Traynor YBA 200. Great amp, but it didn't work out for me. All the wonderful things about valves (the mild overdrive, the overtones, the hugeness of the sound) just didn't suit my style of playing. I was needing a bit more clarity and definition.

So, just before my recent holiday I swapped with AJ5string for his Fender Pro 800. Last night I finally got to try it out at rehearsal (with just the one cab - Purple Chilli 112) and it sounded amazing. Everything I was looking for - a big full sound, but also beautiful articulation of the notes. With the second cab it is going to be an absolute monster.

I've been very happy with my Carvin BX500 and will be keeping it, but the Fender, to my ears, is something else, and I'm a very happy bass player :)

Edited by Mykesbass

• 1 month later...

Got to use this on Tuesday night at the 100 Club. We were supporting Marcus Malone (who had the charming Roger Inniss on bass - we had a bit of a Shuker love-in), so got to play at a much louder volume than I am used to.

Wow, this thing delivers. Got a great sound out of it straight away, a lovely full thump, super warm, yet with great definition. I've never played the Carvin at this sort of volume - I'll try it the next time we do a bigger gig (Komedia, Brighton in January), but I think I've found a new favourite!

[quote name='dmccombe7' timestamp='1508440497' post='3392281']
I've only heard good things about the new range of Fender amps.
Need to try one out i think.

Dave
[/quote]

Afraid this one is only new to me - it is old and very heavy! I did have a pair of the new Rumble 112 cabs - they were very good for the money. Only got rid of them as I previously had a single Purple Chili 12 and always wanted a pair, so when some came up on here I sold the Fenders on.