Why become a member? ×

Grieting vrom ze Nezzerlends

astar

Hi Folks,

After snooping arround, a post once in a while, I thought it might be polite too introduce myself, sorry for my manners.

My name is Aljan, a bassist from the Netherlands. Style-wise I've been kind of a Cameleon, started with a grunge band back in the days. Heavilly influenced by RATM started experimenting with Hip-Hop, Funk and Jazz crossover, witch resulted in a near fulltime bassplaying period. Shortly after finishing the full lenght album and winning a publics choice award in a National band contest, we(guitarist, drummer and I) decided to start doing what we love doing, rock!

I play a 2003 Fender P(I bought from SebPayne) but am still looking for that mojo P-bass, but sadly I have too work my a#! off so I guess I'll have too keep saving.

My amp is a Hevos 400B (dutch company) a 400 watts hybrid, that I love, combined with an SWR Golliath JR an a Son of Bertha, I've found the blend between warmth and clarity I love.

What's left? ehm... I'm a pretty fantastic kind of guy, very modest and always in for a laugh and a bass chat.

Best wishes and till next time,
Aljan

Edited by astar

Nope can't say I know them, but than again there are somany bands around and you can't know them all. But you never know, perhaps in future times. The genre we were in isn't the same as we now, happily, ended up in...

[quote name='doctor_of_the_bass' post='323832' date='Nov 7 2008, 12:08 AM']Hallo!

Welcome! Have you heard of a band called The 925s? Good mates of mine, doing well in the Netherlands![/quote]