Why become a member? ×

Allen and Heath QU SB

acidbass

Hi All

Anyone using one of these for live mixing? Thinking about picking one up. I currently use a QU 16 (which isn't mine) controlled by iPad - I gather it's pretty much exactly the same bar the physical faders and knobs.

Thoughts welcome :)

Danny

Yep, I've just upgraded to a QU-SB and am very happy with it. Slightly more complicated UI than the Mackie DL I was using before but now I'm familiar with it it's pretty straight forward.

Fits in an SKB shallow rack case (4U) with an Airport Express router velcro'd to the top of the inside of the rack and is a nice compact solution.

[quote]Yep, I've just upgraded to a QU-SB and am very happy with it. Slightly more complicated UI than the Mackie DL I was using before but now I'm familiar with it it's pretty straight forward.

Fits in an SKB shallow rack case (4U) with an Airport Express router velcro'd to the top of the inside of the rack and is a nice compact solution. [/quote]

[color=black]That’s pretty much exactly the setup I’m going to invest in. Not used the Mackie but familiar with Qu Pad etc so hopefully should be a straightforward transition.[/color]

[color=black]Thanks for the feedback! [/color]

I was going to get one but went for the QU16. I found working off a pad restrictive. Only a personal view. I got a stand so I could 'hang' the QU16 and its takes up much less space. Can still use a pad if I want.

[quote]I was going to get one but went for the QU16. I found working off a pad restrictive. Only a personal view. I got a stand so I could 'hang' the QU16 and its takes up much less space. Can still use a pad if I want.[/quote]

[color=black]Is there anything you can do on the QU16 that you can’t on the QU SB via QU Pad?[/color]