Why become a member? ×

Yamaha TRB 5 - SOLD
£600

playbass

[size=5][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]£600 firm[/font][/size]

[color=#000000][font=Helvetica][size=4][size=5][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Yamaha TRB 5 Slap Cut[/font][/size][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Helvetica][size=4][size=5][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Great chance to get your hands on a rare bass in fantastic condition. These hardly ever come up for sale and especially not in this condition. I've also owned a TRBII and the TRB1005 and I've preferred this to both of the others. This is the one to have![/font][/size][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Helvetica][size=4][size=5][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Viewings before purchase are encouraged. The only marks on it are a small mark on the headstock and a chip in the finish (wood not damaged) about the size of a match head on the rear near the strap button. Both shown in photos I think.[/font][/size][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Helvetica][size=4][size=5][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]This is a fantastic bass, my band loved it and it helped me to finally get my head around using 5 strings. I think it has the perfect dimensions, with the comfortable 34" scale and 19mm string spacing at the bridge. The action is fairly low making it easy to play and it comes with very recent Dunlop Superbright Strings fitted. It even comes with its original Yamaha hardcase. The neck pickup gets in the P-bass ball park for live work and the two pickups together sound very punchy. It's has a strong tone with character, not just another bland and boring bass tone. [/font][/size][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Helvetica][size=4][size=5][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Specs.[/font][/size][/size][/font][/color][list]
[*][size=5][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Beautiful Ash body[/font][/size]
[*][size=5][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]3-Piece maple neck[/font][/size]
[*][size=5][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Rosewood fretboard[/font][/size]
[*][size=5][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Gold hardware[/font][/size]
[*][size=5][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]34" scale[/font][/size]
[*][size=5][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]19mm String Spacing at the bridge[/font][/size]
[*][size=5][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]24 Frets[/font][/size]
[*][size=5][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]2-Band EQ with three EQ presets (one is 'flat' and the other two presets are adjustable in the rear cavity.[/font][/size]
[*][size=5][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Hum cancelling pickups (possibly single coils with a dummy coil for the hum cancelling)[/font][/size]
[*][size=5][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#231F20]4.6kg or 10.12lbs. It's a very well balanced bass.[/color][/font][/size]
[/list]
[color=#000000][font=-webkit-standard][size=5][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]I've been backwards and forwards about letting this instrument go, but this is its time. [/font][/size][/font][/color]

Edited by playbass