Why become a member? ×

Royal Blood's new custom Jaguar basses

Ben Jamin

Just wondered if anyone had noticed Mike's new Fender Jaguars?

Looks like a wide-range humbucker as per their telecaster bass models with an extra bridge pup on the red model.

Would be very interesting if they made a signature model. Shortscale Jag with a mudbucker. The black sparkle finish is the rather nice too! :)

Don't mind a bit of RB, but it's all a bit samey.

On the gear front, and in consideration that he's now in the warm embrace of the Fender custom shop, I'm suprised he hasn't gone with some kind of stereo/Rick-o-sound thing on the basses rather than splitting his output signal via crossovers and various Pog-type pedals.

Yep there's a mention of them in the Glasto thread. Are they short scale? They look about normal to me. Looks like a simple V/T arrangement on each bass too regardless of pickup config.

Looks like he's running a full Fender backline too - cool. Noticed Mike Dirnt had exactly the same with Green Day at their show in Belfast on Wednesday past

[quote name='acidbass' timestamp='1498825386' post='3327354']
Yep there's a mention of them in the Glasto thread. Are they short scale? They look about normal to me. Looks like a simple V/T arrangement on each bass too regardless of pickup config.

Looks like he's running a full Fender backline too - cool. Noticed Mike Dirnt had exactly the same with Green Day at their show in Belfast on Wednesday past
[/quote]

From what I've seen, every other bass he's used has been a short scale so I assume they are. Plus they look really diddy to me in those photos :P

Also pretty sure that he moved to a full Fender backline 'cause Ampeg GVT's are so hard to comeby, which is what he used before for the treble/octave up signal :happy:

[quote name='NancyJohnson' timestamp='1498804578' post='3327095']
Don't mind a bit of RB, but it's all a bit samey.

On the gear front, and in consideration that he's now in the warm embrace of the Fender custom shop, I'm suprised he hasn't gone with some kind of stereo/Rick-o-sound thing on the basses rather than splitting his output signal via crossovers and various Pog-type pedals.
[/quote]

I guess he's quite happy with his pedalboard set up, and he'd still need a switch to mute the various channels anyway, so it's just more cables hanging off your bass in the end!

It'd be interesting, if they did do a dual output, if they could built a POG into the one of them, with maybe a killswitch? Could run off a 9V like an active bass.

It just gets complicated haha!

[quote name='Ben Jamin' timestamp='1498868605' post='3327726']
I guess he's quite happy with his pedalboard set up, and he'd still need a switch to mute the various channels anyway, so it's just more cables hanging off your bass in the end!

It'd be interesting, if they did do a dual output, if they could built a POG into the one of them, with maybe a killswitch? Could run off a 9V like an active bass.

It just gets complicated haha!
[/quote]

When I had my Rickenbacker, I just plugged a stereo cable in it which terminated in a pair of 1/4" phonos! I'm sure that give the money behind RB, the guy could run a bespoke dual channel wireless system.

Billy Sheehan has been running his bass in stereo for 30-odd years (or more) and he gets a massive tone.

Not a big fan of RB as it all sounds a bit the same to me, but on the technical side I am big fan as it takes a lot of "cojones" to pull-off the playing, signal switching and singing all at once.