Why become a member? ×

FS/FT - G&L Tribute L-2500 amber mint cond

noisedude

Hi guys, I'm selling the L-2500 I bought from Keith through this very forum a few months back. I love it but I have a ruptured wrist that isn't going away and I just can't play a 5-string right now, anything wider than a Soundgear 4-string neck and I can't pick up a pen the next day!!!

The bass is basically mint, it's hardly been used, if it's ever been gigged then it doesn't show. You probably already know all about these basses but it's worth adding that the pickups sound huge and all the options give a massive range of sounds. Plus it looks totally awesome.

There is a scratch/ding on the neck which is pictured ... to be honest I had forgotten it was there till I went looking for the photos from Keith's thread. I've never noticed it in playing because it's on the opposite side to where the thumb goes.

I'm chucking in a gig bag. It's sat in my living room, ready to be re-homed. I will ship in a decent box at cost which is usually around £15 I think.

[s]£350[/s] [s]£330[/s] [b]£320[/b] is the asking price which is a great price for a fantastic instrument!!! I'll be sorry to see it go but my surgeon says I should minimise painful stuff to stave off arthritis longer. I'LL ALSO LOOK AT TRADES FOR 4-STRINGS, I'm not looking for anything in particular though so surprise me. :)

Nik
[attachment=15420:l2500.jpg] [attachment=15421:l25002.jpg]

Edited by noisedude

[quote name='yorks5stringer' post='318796' date='Oct 31 2008, 08:33 AM']Have a bump on me, even though I recognise those photos![/quote]
I admitted to it in the first post, though, didn't I?

Thanks mate, I really like this thing but my wrist is saying 'no no no'. :)

[quote name='deaver' post='335802' date='Nov 24 2008, 08:25 PM']Possible, complicated three way trade solution. If you can get a trade for a Jap Jazz or something in that line then you could trade that for my SR900. If that makes any sense let me know. If not have a bump anyway[/quote]
Sounds intriguing .... how about you trade me straight for the SR900 and you then trade it for a J? :)

Will let you know if I come up with anything.

[quote name='noisedude' post='341113' date='Nov 30 2008, 01:43 PM']End of month BUMP! Another price reduction!

I'm wondering why this hasn't gone yet, because it's a really good bass. Do I need more pics or is something else wrong?[/quote]
I've also been wondering why this hasn't gone as well, because these Tribute G&Ls are great basses.

At the SE Bass bash in 2007, I played a Tribute L-2500 side by side with a USA model and there was very little difference in playability or sound between them Always wanted one myself but can't really justify a third 5 string at the moment..

Maybe more pics would help Nik but it's a pretty good price for what is a great bass!

Have a free BUMP!

[quote name='noisedude' post='342499' date='Dec 1 2008, 10:56 PM']Hi guys, this is now [b]sold pending[/b] the usuals. Thank you to all who showed interest, I would have liked some of the potential trades that came up here![/quote]
Good news!