Why become a member? ×

Power Supplies

cheddatom

Well I've received the one spot and the problems still there! Really bad earth hum. Strangely through my bass trainer and headphones it's noisy through the pedal board (with a P bass) but quiet plugged direct. when I put the pedal board through my amp it's noisy but not as bad, however when I plug directly into my amp, I get massive earth hum. I tried all of my basses the P bass was worst but the jazz hummed too,but my musicman was quiet. Once again not as bad through the pedal board. I plugged into a different wall socket with same noise. I'm wondering if my power is dodgy. I have the same issue in a dodgy lockup I rehearse in and I know the power is dodgy in there.
I still don't think it's my cables as the problem exists using the one spot on single pedals. Any other thoughts gents? :)

Edited by lee650

[quote name='Rubbersoul' timestamp='1500159413' post='3336033']
My chain just recently developed a bad hum. Nothing new added, just out of the blue. I read about ferrite clip on thingys that you attach to the power cable supposedly reducing noise, so I've ordered one off eBay to see if it helps. I've ordered a new adapter as well. I run 2 daisy chains together running 8 pedals btw and this is on my guitar rig, not the bass. I'll let you know how it pans out.
[/quote]

Update: The ferrite clip made zero difference. The new 9 volt power supply power supply has however solved the problem.

[quote name='Rubbersoul' timestamp='1501001743' post='3341708']

Update: The ferrite clip made zero difference. The new 9 volt power supply power supply has however solved the problem.
[/quote]

what did you get? As ive replaced my Diago micropower with a true tone 1 spot and the problems still there :( im wondering if its just dodgy electrics at home and in my rehearsal space.

[quote name='lee650' timestamp='1501074720' post='3342278']
what did you get? As ive replaced my Diago micropower with a true tone 1 spot and the problems still there :( im wondering if its just dodgy electrics at home and in my rehearsal space.
[/quote]

This:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NOISE-FREE-BOSS-PSA-240-GUITAR-EFFECTS-PEDAL-POWER-SUPPLY-REPLACEMENT-ADAPTER-9V/161084408793?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649