Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* Gallien-Krueger 1001RB-II head 700w. £340
£375

Reduced to £340
[color=#000000][font=Helvetica][size=3]Very good condition and perfect working order. Its 700watts into 4 ohms, 460w @ 8ohms and has a traditional transformer which contributes to that ‘oomph’[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Helvetica][size=3]I’ve kept it in a padded holdall rather than in a bulky flight case which can scuff the car when loading. With the fan on the top you would need at least a 3u unit.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Helvetica][size=3]Plenty of power and clarity and many features to get the sound you want.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Helvetica][size=3]Can post if necessary, try it out here or maybe meet within a 20 mile radius.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Helvetica][size=3]Manual and holdall included of course.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Helvetica][size=3][/size][/font][/color]

Edited by geoff90guitar

Ive been looking into this!! Will hopefully have funds next week and this is interesting. The online demos mention that the speakon outputs are for the bi amp, im assuming they can used as standard speakons for any cab? It sounds quite modern which is what i want (after an EBS,but this looks a great alternative) but csn vintage tones be had ? :)

Amazing amp at a great price. If I didn't own one (plus a 700rb!) already I'd snap this up! Nothing touches the rb series for punch and growl in the solid state market! That weight and heft you're missing in your class d amp is in this chassis thanks to the high current power supply and chunky transformer.

Thanks for your comments lads.
Rather than complicate matters with speaker cable connection, if you don't use a GK cab with a built in tweeter, typically use standard speakon leads as I do. The standard leads should be two core wiring connected to pins +1 and -1 in the speakons (you shouldn't need to look)
The tweeter knob on the amp only works with the 'special' GK speaker cabinet when using speakon leads with all 4 pin connections. This way you don't distort the tweeter in the GK cab as it retains independent clean power (50W) when turning up the tweeter control.
Normal cabs have the tweeter control on the cab, thus taking a bit of distortion.
I've used two standard 2 core speakon leads with my Bergs (tweeter control in the cabs) - don't know why I'm selling this!?! but that's me.
May take a bit to get your head round it, but smart idea.
http://gallienkrueger.mivamerchant.net/wp-content/uploads/700rb_1001rb.pdf