Why become a member? ×

Want to play DB....a lot

Guest BassKS

Hey guys,

I, like many others who play the four stringed electric counter part, have decided to join the cool people with sunglasses in smoky bars who play the big violin.
I do have two electric basses and would like to shift my main one, Warwick Streamer Stage I in order to buy a starter DB. Incidentally, theres a dude who is selling the Stentor bass with a gigbag, mic and a K&K pre altogether for 650. Im also planning on taking lessons in order to avoid the carpel tunnel injuries and I do have a faeir few books on method and fingering for DB so i should be fine.

What would the wisest of you say about this idea that Im toying with at the moment?

Thanks

Yes Beer.... Youre right. i think the dude advertised in the Basses: For Sale as well and is based in Edinburgh. A bit of a distance from London but hey. Its all good.

[quote name='TheRev' post='317646' date='Oct 29 2008, 03:10 PM']Stentor have a good reputation as decent quality cheap basses so I'd say go for it, especially with a mic and preamp thrown in.[/quote]

Hi there
I have a Stentor Elysia - quite small, almost viol di gamba size, but it has a solid top and an ebony fingerboard. The original hardware is pretty cheap and the bridge was poor, but after upgrading to an Aubert bridge, new soundpost, new tailwire and endpin, and velvet anima strings, I've got an instrument that sounds great!

Mick

[quote name='Lemuel Beam' post='318628' date='Oct 30 2008, 07:34 PM']Hi there
I have a Stentor Elysia - quite small, almost viol di gamba size, but it has a solid top and an ebony fingerboard. The original hardware is pretty cheap and the bridge was poor, but after upgrading to an Aubert bridge, new soundpost, new tailwire and endpin, and velvet anima strings, I've got an instrument that sounds great!

Mick[/quote]

Ooooh the elysia is the expenisve 1k one... this one I think is the Student or the next one up which has a bit of solid the gloss appearance. not the matt beautiful finish.