Why become a member? ×

FS: Status S2 Custom SOLD
£1350

For sale is my 2009 Status S2 Classic 5-string custom 35" scale headed thru-neck bass with a beautiful curly maple top with a black veneer, mahogany wings and walnut tone block, Status branded Hiscox case, and even the original delivery letter and specification paperwork.

Excellent condition, only a couple of very small marks on the back, shown in the photos. Currently fitted with D'Addario EXL220-5 super light gauge nickel strings (40-60-75-95-125), also included is another unopened set of the same gauge, plus a twin pack of EXL170-5's (45-65-85-100-130). Despite being 35" scale, the neck really doesn't feel it, and the standard long scale D'Addario strings fit the bass comfortably. It has 18mm string spacing at the bridge.

Light and really well balanced, with fantastic clarity and consistency right across the neck, and a great range of tones from the 302 active 3-band 18-volt active EQ. It's a lovely bass to play, and the only reason I'm selling is it doesn't get used as I just prefer my Laklands, so unfortunately it has to go!

NOW SOLD.

Edited by lowregisterhead

[quote name='lowregisterhead' timestamp='1493658745' post='3289804']
For sale is my 2009 Status S2 Classic 5-string Custom 35" scale headed thru-neck bass with a beautiful curly maple top with a black veneer, mahogany core and walnut tone block, Status branded Hiscox case, and even the original delivery letter and specification paperwork.

Excellent condition, only a couple of very small marks on the back, shown in the photos. Currently fitted with D'Addario EXL220-5 super light gauge nickel strings (40-60-75-95-125), also included is another unopened set of the same gauge, plus a twin pack of EXL170-5's (45-65-85-100-130). Despite being 35" scale, the neck really doesn't feel it, and the standard long scale D'Addario strings fit the bass comfortably.

Light and really well balanced, with fantastic clarity and consistency right across the neck, and a great range of tones from the 302 active 3-band 18-volt active EQ. It's a lovely bass to play, and the only reason for selling it is it doesn't get used as I just prefer my Laklands, so unfortunately it has to go!

£1350 including shipping within the UK. Sorry, but I'm not looking for any trades.
[/quote]

That's really rather nice! I've been enjoying a bit of Status love in the hands of Nathan King (Mark's brother) in the band *Frost.

What's the string spacing on this little chappy?

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1493667851' post='3289876']
That's really rather nice! I've been enjoying a bit of Status love in the hands of Nathan King (Mark's brother) in the band *Frost.

What's the string spacing on this little chappy?
[/quote]

Hi Dood, it's their standard 5-string spacing, which is 18mm at the bridge. It's 14mm at the 12th fret, and 9.5mm at the nut, if that helps.