Why become a member? ×

*PLEASE DELETE* THANK YOU
£900

Greg.Bassman

• 2 weeks later...

I was talking to a friend about the top end Ibanez basses and how good they are but still managed to get ignored by many. He commented that despite the great build quality and playability, how they lost money on the resale market.

Makes little sense when something as good as this has trouble selling yet less well built gear holds its [s]value [/s]resale price.

GLWTS anyway.

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1493926687' post='3291948']
He commented that despite the great build quality and playability, how they lost money on the resale market.
[/quote]

Yes, it's a shame for anyone trying to sell one pre-owned, but as far as I can remember it's not something that's happened overnight.
As good as the Ibanez Premium and Prestige basses are, anyone buying one brand new, should know they are looking at a 50% depreciation at the point they try to sell it on. It's bad enough trying to get back a sensible amount of $$$$'s on the SR500 (and lower series)..... That's just about the tipping point of getting a semi-sane resale price, but any higher up the ladder and you're looking at a good butt-kicking trying to resell it.
The moral of the story being, don't buy a high-end Ibanez on a whim/GAS, unless you are sure it is going to be a keeper for you.
Anyway, I hope Greg does get some interest otherwise I'm going to have to insult him with an offer of 200 quid less than he is asking for and risk having a 200 mile drive to collect it, if he says yes! ;)

I bought the previous version of this bass called the SR1200NTF from a fellow basschatter a few years ago and it is the most flexible bass in my collection. The Nordstrand pickups are like nothing else, and combined with this EQ can do practically anything. If I didn't already have mine and an SR500 loaded with USA Bartolini pickups and active three band EQ I would be making an offer too. Good luck with your sale Greg.