Why become a member? ×

Sold!!! Alleva Coppolo LG5
£3100

flamencito

I'm selling an Alleva Coppolo LG5 Classic.
Matching headstock
Nitro Lacquer
Alleva Coppolo pickups - 60s placement
Alleva Coppolo 2 band preamp, vol, vol, tone, treble, bass (boost only) active/passive switching
Maple neck - 34” scale
Indian Rosewood fingerboard
Alder body
Black nitro finish, matching headstock
The bass is from 8.9.2008, still Jimmys NYC era.
19mm stringspacing at the bridge
Weight is 4.5 kg
Incl. original AC bag

price plus shipping from Germany
No Trades please, I'm looking for a straight sale.

There are two small dongs on the headstock, one on the front and one at the back (see pix).
Besides that it's in good condition.

Edited by flamencito

I just had the chance to play this bass for a few hours and I can confirm that this is a very very good Alleva LG5. If it would not be so close to my own fantastic red LG5 in sound and playablilty this would be mine now. The action is set VERY low and the condition is very good besides the dings Nico exposed in the pics. These dings usually show up after a few hours of gigging on every Nitro bass so it is not surprising. The black finish is looking like a deep black piano finish - although it is obviously Nitro.

What I personally love on these older Allevas is the (for me) much nicer body shaping than Jimmy provides since 2010. To me it feels much more organic and comfortable.

Anyone who watches the market for an Alleva LG5: Deal with confidence. Nico is a highly recommended seller and a good player too!

• 2 weeks later...