Why become a member? ×

Action lowered, better player

LITTLEWING

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1489248811' post='3255488']

I have to admit to never having used them, but I saw a guy recommending them and sounded like a good idea. He was measuring the gap between the bottom of the string at the top of the fret *while fretting at a high fret... 15th or 17th, somewhere around there. Then the gap is a lot lower than 2-3mm. It certainly is on my basses and I don't have a particularly low action
[/quote] i think what he was talking about was neck relief,you fret at the first fret and the fret where the neck joins the body and measure the gap at the 8th fret , measuring action is different,you generally tend to measure at the 12th fret without pressung down on any of the frets

[quote name='markdavid' timestamp='1489251831' post='3255519']
you generally tend to measure at the 12th fret without pressung down on any of the frets
[/quote]

That's what i was always told and pretty sure that's the guidance from Warwick but when it was mentioned to measure at 17th i rechecke Fender guidelines again and it said check at 17th fret. To be fair there wasn't much diff between the 12th and 17th heights but if you are looking at very low actions it could make a difference as to whether you get buzz or not.

Dave

[quote name='markdavid' timestamp='1489251831' post='3255519']
i think what he was talking about was neck relief,you fret at the first fret and the fret where the neck joins the body and measure the gap at the 8th fret , measuring action is different,you generally tend to measure at the 12th fret without pressung down on any of the frets
[/quote]

alright!