Why become a member? ×

SOLD PENDING Bergantino AE112 cabs, including Berg covers £295 each
£295

Muzz

Not so much GAS-based, this sale, but more a case of changing musical circumstances, which makes it pretty damn reluctant, then again I'm skint, too, and that's a hell of a motivator. The big change is that both bands are talking seriously about in-ears and reduced backlines, so I'm moving to a single 2x12 cab solution as a compromise.

I love the modularity of this rig/cabs - I can use one or two cabs for the function band, and then add a third for complete epicness for the 'proper rock band' or very big venues. Or when I just feel like it. :)

Much has been said about the biiiig step up in presence and oomph going from one cab to two, but two to three is another step entirely. I've played some big rigs in my time, but even I can't envisage ever needing more than all three together. To run all three, you'll need an amp capable of 2.67 Ohms or lower, but on the upside, my Walkabout makes 300w (OK, theoretically nearer 400w into 2.67) sound immense. The Magellan is also enormous into all three. There's nothing like cone area for oomph and presence, and stacked they're a great height to hear yourself very clearly onstage whilst not taking up much actual space.

The specs are easily found online, the biggie is they're 31lbs each, and I have a folding trolley which I can get all three on and shift them all in one go. Or you and the band can take one each... :D

The cabs are in great nick, a little handle wear notwithstanding, and come with unmarked Berg covers.

The price of £295 per cab is very firm (I haven't seen a Berg cab starting with a 2 before), and so is £885 for the three. I will split them, but preference will be given to anyone who wants them all.

Obviously, meet-ups are preferable, but I'm willing to drive a good way to achieve this, and I can also look at postage options.

The pics aren't sales ones per se - they were me showing the rig off last year, I was so chuffed with it... :( If anyone needs any more, let me know.

Edit: Oh, fer crying out loud, this photo uploader's possessed...lean left, everyone... :unsure: :)

Edited by Muzz