Why become a member? ×

Ibanez SR Basses with Wireless Systems

jay42

Hi bass people :-)

I hope you can help me with a query :-) I'm looking at getting a wireless system to use on stage as I'm a complete klutz with regards to cables and I'm sure I will do myself a bodily injury at some point from tripping over the damn things, my query is this; a lot of the wireless units I've been looking at are those little mini plugs that just plug straight into the bass jack as opposed to a bodypack. Now given the sculpted nature of the input jack on Ibanez SR basses, would it be possible for one of these to fit in?

I'm tempted to try a couple but I don't want to run the risk of damaging the bass! Have any of you learned people ever tried one with an SR bass?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

I have a smooth hound and run in direct on most but on one bass I clip it to the strap and use and adapter and a patch lead which works brilliantly. The adapter was £2 and is listed in the accessories on the smooth hound website. It is a brilliant bit of kit and does make life much nicer without cables getting in the way all the time.

[quote name='T-Bay' timestamp='1484897451' post='3219440']
I have a smooth hound and run in direct on most but on one bass [b]I clip it to the strap and use and adapter and a patch lead which works brilliantly[/b]. The adapter was £2 and is listed in the accessories on the smooth hound website. It is a brilliant bit of kit and does make life much nicer without cables getting in the way all the time.
[/quote]

This is what I do all the time; makes changing your bass relatively easy too.