Why become a member? ×

Gear4Music - Truly Awful Service

kendall

[quote name='Adrenochrome' timestamp='1483834056' post='3210555']
I thought if an item was faulty you were supposed to get a new one or your money back straight away?
Bad luck by the way, it sounds like a pain in the arris.
[/quote]

The law allows the seller reasonable time to resolve either by repairing, replacing or refunding

I've placed two orders with them, had one Saturday delivery not turn up and one item turn up on-time but defective and had two really poor customer service experiences including feeling very much like I was being accused of breaking the defective item myself. Consequently, I won't be shopping with them again.

Bought a £600 3/4 Double Bass from Gear4music it was awful arrived with the action so high it was unplayable
I have managed to sell the Bass now but at a £400 loss and obviously I told the new purchasers all the faults but personally i would never recommend or buy from Gear4music again absolute sh*te.

[quote name='thebigyin' timestamp='1484136936' post='3212908']
Bought a £600 3/4 Double Bass from Gear4music it was awful arrived with the action so high it was unplayable
I have managed to sell the Bass now but at a £400 loss and obviously I told the new purchasers all the faults but personally i would never recommend or buy from Gear4music again absolute sh*te.
[/quote]

Surely if the action was way out it was a manufacturing problem not the shop? If it just needed adjusting why not do it yourself rather than sell on?

[quote name='mikel' timestamp='1484137492' post='3212916']

Surely if the action was way out it was a manufacturing problem not the shop? If it just needed adjusting why not do it yourself rather than sell on?
[/quote]

Because the bridge was adjusted to it's limit and i don't know what i'm doing....the couple i sold it onto got it for £225 so i lost nearly £400 on it and they came down to see before purchasing

[quote name='thebigyin' timestamp='1484142136' post='3212973']
Because the bridge was adjusted to it's limit and i don't know what i'm doing....the couple i sold it onto got it for £225 so i lost nearly £400 on it and they came down to see before purchasing
[/quote]

What I meant was, most instruments you buy on line come boxed from the manufacturer, so its difficult to blame the shop for poor quality control issues. Perhaps the new buyer had experience and knew he could fix it for nowt. Did you contact Gear4music with a complaint when you got the instrument?