Why become a member? ×

Chowny Rickstinger

TheGreek

I've no idea what these sell for normally, hopefully Steve will be along shortly to provide more detail, but at £150 this has got to be a steal. Anybody who played one of the semi acoustics at last years LBGS will vouch for how good the build quality on Chowney Basses.

Check this one out:

https://www.gumtree.com/p/guitar-instrument/chowny-rickstinger-prototype-bass-guitar/1208175190

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1483561476' post='3208318']
I've no idea what these sell for normally, hopefully Steve will be along shortly to provide more detail, but at £150 this has got to be a steal. Anybody who played one of the semi acoustics at last years LBGS will vouch for how good the build quality on Chowney Basses.

Check this one out:

https://www.gumtree.com/p/guitar-instrument/chowny-rickstinger-prototype-bass-guitar/1208175190
[/quote]

It's ok. Not a bad bass at all. It was a prototype commissioned from our factory (the one that makes the CHB-1s) when we were first trying to get to grips with what exactly we were going to be making.

It was cluttering the place up so we helped it find a new home through the community. I think since then it may or may not have had some work done.

We wisely decided to steer well clear of anything related to that well-known and litigious brand and the only design cue that carried over to our final guitars was the white truss rod cover.

The irony is we ended up being threatened with legal action anyway - from yet a completely different and litigious brand. :P (Thankfully now resolved)