Why become a member? ×

Hitting the strings with drum sticks

oakforest5961

[quote name='SpondonBassed' timestamp='1483376792' post='3206677']
My mate calls it lift music but I just kick him in the slats and tell him not to harshen my buzz. I lost both my vinyl and four track versions of Surprise Surprise a long time ago. A month or so back I downloaded a live performance and cranked it - hard. Lovely noise.
[/quote]Anyone who calls Mezzoforte lift music is like Noel Gallagher. Makes great music, but an uneducated chimp who's doesn't understand anything outside of his chord progression's. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzUAomfTLyQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUu1bYDz5GU

Ah yes, the old drumming on the bass trick.

This is a fully loaded GB Rumour with full sound to light system that was loaned to Mika's bass player for this tour. It was retuned to Bernie with big dents through to the wood in the paintwork, cracked pickups and generally looking pretty fked all over. It required a full strip, fill, refinish, two new pickups... and resulted in a bass that can never be sold due to the amount of filler in the wood under the paintwork - It would bring all of Bernie's basses into question if the paint was ever removed...

When questioned wtf happened to it, apparently the bass players bangles were hitting the bass whilst he played.

MC - he must think we are all stupid. The Internet has a strange way of revealing the truth.

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1483722006' post='3209603']
Anyone who calls Mezzoforte lift music is like Noel Gallagher. Makes great music, but an uneducated chimp who's doesn't understand anything outside of his chord progression's.
[/quote]

Hahahaha. Yeah man, he's a ukulele player anyway so what does he know right? I'll wind him up later with your comment re: Noel because I know secretly he'd want to be the Liam of the two brothers given the choice.

Excellent!

Edit to follow up;
Jack light heartedly says he looks forward to meeting you upon which time he'll tear your head off and... I think he said sit on your neck or summat... well you get the idea. He's a real charmer. Heeheehee. 21 stone of retired ex-weight lifting miner/ lorry driver but a real diamond in the rough.

Edited by SpondonBassed