Why become a member? ×

Crappy packaging

Jean-Luc Pickguard

[quote name='budget bassist' post='307488' date='Oct 15 2008, 10:47 PM']I'm the kind of guy that hoards bubble wrap and foam and boxes though! Makes it cheaper to post :lol:[/quote]
Heh, me too. You would not believe the number of varying jiffy bags and small cardboard boxes I have accumulated over the years. :rolleyes:

I had to send a Sei bass via courier once, and only had a skinny gig bag to send it in... I was paranoid about it breaking so I wrapped it in an entire roll of bubble wrap with a thick layer of cardboard round the outside. It looked like an Egyptian mummy by the time I'd finished, but arrived safely. Apparently the packaging bore unmistakeable signs of rough handling in transit, despite my repeated 'Fragile, please handle with care' scrawlings all over it. I think some of these people go out of their way to bust things sometimes.

Then there was the amp I bought which arrived in a 2U Stagg case simply wrapped in thin brown paper... needless to say, the case was only fit for the skip by the time Parcelfarce had finished with it. :)