Why become a member? ×

** SOLD** HIWATT DR201 Replica (the Weber MYWATT200)
£900

petergales

Don't really know if I want to do this but I'm downsizing and this amp is not getting the use it deserves now that I'm not playing so much these days.

It's a rare opportunity to grab yourself a piece of old school, all-valve amplification but without the weight penalty - this amp weighs just 22kgs and was made in 2013. I bought it from Hazbeen and it has behaved faultlessly since I received it. My apologies for leaving his name on the back.

All the details can be found on the Weber website at [url="http://weber-amps.de"]http://weber-amps.de[/url] but the main specs are as follows.[list]
[*]Improved power supply. The preliminary stage runs at 12.6 VDC (hot) and the transformer is a high-quality "ring transformer" with plenty of reserve.
[*]High-quality / high-fidelity, modern output transformer with a wide frequency range.
[*]Separate BIAS measurement and adjustments for each of the four output (power) tubes are located externally on the (outside) back of the amplifier. What this means is that it is no longer necessary to bring your amplifier in for service when you buy new tubes to have the BIAS adjusted. Likewise, you no longer need to buy "matched" tubes. (Note: Even "matched" tubes change their BIAS over time and therein, can often lead to less-than-optimal sound). By being able to adjust the BIAS individually for each tube, you insure optimal sound quality all-the-time. Complete instructions are included.
[*]All construction is of the finest quality. As-an-example, only condensers blocks made from high-quality Polypropylene are used to preserve that famous clean sound of the original - legendary Hiwatts. Likewise, the pre-amp and power tubes are premier selected 4 x JJ ECC83 (12AX7) and 4 x KT88 tubes.
[*]2 x (parallel) speaker outputs with impedance adjustable between 4, 8 and 16 Ohms.
[*]4 x separate inputs - 2 x normal (high and low) and 2 x brilliant (high and low).
[*]1 x DI-Out XLR (for direct recording, PA systems, etc.)
[*]All the MYWATT200 amplifiers are completely hand-wired in true turret board technique.
[*]The MYWATT200 has 4 x KT88 power tubes.
[/list]
Type: Tube Amplifier Power: 200 Watt (Sinus), Impedance 4-8-16 Ohm switchable. Tubes: Preamp 4 x JJECC83 and Power Amp 4 x KT88 Inputs: 4 Inputs. 2 x Normal, High and Low and 2 x Brilliant, High and Low. Outputs: 2 x "Speaker Out" parallel, 1 x Klinke, 1 x Speakon. 1 x adjustable floating XLR DI-Out. Measures (BxHxT): 600 x 300 x 375 mm Weight: 22,6 Kilo

Collection from Leeds or meet up within a reasonable distance.

Edited by petergales

It sure is, Japhet. When I see those valves glowing it just does it for me. The whole thing just oozes vintage. These amps are also very straight forward to work on and, because each power valve can be biased individually, swapping them out is a breeze.

Best of luck with your search down the back of the sofa!

I did not expect to see my old amp up for sale, but needs change so respect to you that you are giving someone else the ability to buy this Pete. The Mywatt is a beast of an amp, to date it still ranks in the best 3 amps I have ever used and is worth every penny.

And buy with confidence folks, top chap to deal with.

Edited by HazBeen

[quote name='HazBeen' timestamp='1482583389' post='3201573']
I did not expect to see my old amp up for sale, but needs change so respect to you that you are giving someone else the ability to buy this Pete. The Mywatt is a beast of an amp, to date it still ranks in the best 3 amps I have ever used and is worth every penny.

And buy with confidence folks, top chap to deal with.
[/quote]
Thanks for those kind words Harry.
I've loved having this amp. It's tone is superb and does it without the weight penalty associated with valve amps. I've looked after it since I bought it from you and it's good to go. If no one appreciates what's on offer here and it doesn't sell I'll be happy to keep it and try to find a good lightweight 4x10 for those bigger gigs (although sadly I don't get many of those nowadays :( ).