Why become a member? ×

Cher Rystone DIY bass kits

Andytre

i was flicking through the recent amazon sales for Christmas presents when i noticed upon this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cher-Rystone-0754235504986%C2%A0Jazz-Bass-DIY/dp/B00UTL9L28/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1480348239&sr=8-6&keywords=cher+rystone+bass

(how i ended up looking at basses when i should of been looking for presents i'll never know) i thought it was a good price at £76 for alder body and PJ pups kit and it was even better when there was an Amazon Warehouse special one up for grabs which i ended up paying £43 for! apparently the box is open and a small dent on the rear of the body. has anyone had any experience with these? or even seen them before? i cant find anything about Cher Rystone guitars but some things about Cherrystone guitars (guessing there probably the same). I've already purchased it but was inquisitive on whether anyone has actually built one up!

Before ordering any kit guitar or bass, I'd have a good look at Crimson Guitars review of the kit telecaster.

Here's the first part - find the others on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKPRndjKM68

Unless you are looking at building up your luthier skills and a collection of esoteric guitar making tools, IMO your probably better off buying a second hand Squier.

I've got many many Bitsa's and have gotten pretty good at building guitars, basses and setting them up. i just love building guitars and for less than £50 i cant complain it'll be a nice project over my Christmas break!

but i agree that if your just looking for a cheap gig worthy bass a second hand squier is a solid choice as is a Harley Benton or one of the lower priced yamahas! i wouldn't go for a kit bass if i didn't love the whole building and modding process. it also means i can put a ridiculous colour scheme on it!