Why become a member? ×

A Roadworn Fender question...

Bigwan

I suspect I know the answer to this (that being "who knows"!) but I'll ask it anyway...

Does anybody know why Fender have never released a 60s version of their Roadworn P bass?

Best bass I've ever played is a friend's 64 precision. I'm never likely to own one myself (although I came close to buying a refinished '66 a few years ago) and, judging by the 60s Roadworn Jazz I used to own, a Roadworn 60s P, if such a thing existed, would be as close as I'd be likely to get!

I know Fender do the USA 60s Reissue models but...

Edited by Bigwan

Yeah limelight have been on my radar, but they're not exactly vintage spec - modern neck profile, nut width and fretboard radius being the most obvious. Maybe that wouldn't matter so much, but I wouldn't know without playing one.

I`ve often wondered the same, am sure many would like the option of a Road Worn Precision with a rosewood fretboard and regular Precision width nut. I know they could then get, well why not a 70s Jazz etc, but a RW Precision with regular width nut, well I`d reckon the RW series would get a fair few more takers.