Why become a member? ×

TRADED Celinder Custom 6
£1700

nobodysprefect

I'm selling 2 out of my 3 fretted electrics due to not having time to play and living in someone's cupboard for the foreseeable future.
Trade-wise I'm, as usual, open for anything but not too excited about trading up. Cash is king, as they say around here.
Rainer's Celinder Custom 6 was prettier, but this one has the Green Grove preamp.

Mikkel listed the specs as follows:

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]'36" scale and 24 frets. Adjustable stringspacing 20-18mm.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Mahogany body in a flamed maple sandwich.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]5pc maple neck with wenge (i think!) stripes. [/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Nice fat ebony fingerboard.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Celinders famous humbuckers. Splittable hum/singlecoil. [/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Active greengrove preamp. Master vol with push/pull active/passive, 2x Vol with push/pull coil tap (one for each PU), bass boost/cut, treble boost/cut.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Gotoh hardware.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]This bass has been played. And the finish reflects that. Frets are in great condition.'[/font][/color]

This bass is buzzfree for me at about 2,5 mm under E string at 12th fret, the rest of the strings set accordingly for even feel. So I don't know if that is ultra low action or not.

This bass is tied with my custom built 6 and the Fodera AJ 6 contrabass guitar I had for the most even feel and volume from B to C I've ever had. Even the C string has real authority to push through a 20-piece horn band.

Mikkel's opinion on the tone:
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]'The sound is MASSIVE. Must be heard to be believed. First time I heard this bass was in a big live concert where the guy playing it was playing through a simple DI and straight in the board. The bass sounded like it has been recorded and mastered by one of the worlds best sound engineers. Focused, punchy and warm lows and a crystal clean treble without being harsh.'[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I would add that the B string works great for slap, tonally and with regard to feel. And there's a real clarity to the B string that I've had from nothing else except the AJ contrabass guitar. Lots of basses have B's with authority, but not clarity, here you get both.[/font][/color]

Photos:
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][url="https://www.dropbox.com/sh/e0r5le2mwjr8fis/AAB81Ooy19UED5mridk5YHANa?dl=0"]https://www.dropbox....ridk5YHANa?dl=0[/url][/font][/color]

Edited by nobody's prefect

• 3 weeks later...