Why become a member? ×

Q-Tuner Fretless Jazz

Prosebass

[quote name='Machines' post='305181' date='Oct 13 2008, 07:01 AM']What's with the random popping sounds ?![/quote]

Hi
my small studio (EMac, controller keyboard, Music Studio, Acid Pro etc) was all sold a while ago when I decided to go over to a powerbook which I haven't bought yet. The recordings have been done with a Korg Ampworks, Rock Frog and Acid 3 running on Vista on a Acer 3003 Aspire.

The first problem is Acid and Vista don't get on and the program crashes randomly. The popping sounds and crackles are present no matter whether I use Acid or Windows recorder.
I think it is a problem between the USB input and the sound chip. The Laptop has a very low spec audio chip and just seems unable to cope. I can plug direct into the mic input and the recording is clean but the levels are all wrong.
Imported Wav files are fine so it must be between the USB and the audio chip or in the ASIO conversion.

I will either be getting a powerbook or a another laptop with an external USB sound processor soon.