Why become a member? ×

yamaha bb424 original strings

la bam

Hi all,
I've a bb424 and love it.
I never felt the need to replace the strings from new, like you do on some basses. The strings sound and feel great.

Does anyone know what the original strings the basses come strung with are so I can buy a spare set?

Thanks.

They are strung with Yamaha strings. Very difficult to find in the UK. They are nickel and will be 45-105 roundwounds so any decent make with that spec will be OK. Rotosound are UK-made and good quality strings. Stringsdirect.com do a good quality budget set made by Rotosound called Legacy and I use these all on my non-gigging basses and they are absolutely fine.

I use coated Elixirs on the gigging basses as they require less attention if you get corrosive sweat all over them regularly.

[quote name='Sean' timestamp='1476296278' post='3153183']
They are strung with Yamaha strings. Very difficult to find in the UK. They are nickel and will be 45-105 roundwounds so any decent make with that spec will be OK.
[/quote]
I thought they came with stainless? I seem to recall I used to source them - 45, 65, 80, 105, 125

In fact, I have found the email response from Yamaha when I asked that very same question (for a BBNE2) -

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]They are the [/size][/font][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]Yamaha[/size][/font][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3] H4050 Electric Bass 5 [/size][/font][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]Strings[/size][/font][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]:[/size][/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]Note Diameter Tension*[/size][/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3] (Inch) (mm) (Lbs) (Kg)[/size][/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]G 0.045 1.14 42.4 19.2[/size][/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]D 0.065 1.65 48.1 21.8[/size][/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]A 0.085 2.16 49.0 22.2[/size][/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]E 0.105 2.67 40.6 18.4[/size][/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]B 0.125 3.18 28.3 12.8[/size][/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]* 34" (864mm) scale length[/size][/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]DL[/size][/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]Yamaha[/size][/font][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3] Customer Support[/size][/font]
[email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email]
714-522-9000

Edited by EBS_freak