Why become a member? ×

***SOLD*** CiJ Fender Precision 60s (made 2004/5)
£500

FinnDave

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]Need to move on this lovely Fender 60s style Precision Bass in 3 tone sunburst. This is from the acclaimed Crafted in Japan Fender line, and from the serial number, was made 2004/5.[/color][/font]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]It has been used for only a few gigs, there are one or two small dings, but none are very visible. The bass is fitted with a Seymour Duncan SPB-1 vintage style pickup; the original pickup is included in the sale. I forgot to photograph the chrome pickup cover and bridge ashtray, but they are also included.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]No hard case [/font][/color][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]included, but I have some decent Fender cases and may be persuaded out of one for a few more pounds :)[/color][/font]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Perfectly set-up, currently fitted with D'Adarrio round wounds. Lovely feel and sound. [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Available to view & play at my house[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][/color][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]in West Oxfordshire. Personal collection only, would meet you halfway if no more than 50 or so miles each way for me. I don't have a spare case for this, and have previously experienced problems even with a well cased case at the hands of couriers.[/color][/font]

[attachment=228228:IMG_0239.jpg]

[attachment=228229:IMG_0247.jpg]

[attachment=228230:IMG_0244.jpg]

[attachment=228231:IMG_0240.jpg]

[attachment=228232:IMG_0241.jpg]

[attachment=228233:IMG_0242.jpg]

Edited by FinnDave

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the offer, but I really need to cut on the overall number of basses. I recently sold my fretless neck as it wasn't seeing much use.

Lovely looking bass, though, wouldn't have thought it would hang around unsold for long.

What's the bike you're restoring? Been a biking man for 40 years until ten months ago yesterday, when a car took me out on a roundabout. Hoping to get back in the saddle next year.

Cheers,
Dave

[quote name='sunfish' timestamp='1475766375' post='3148608']
Hi. What's the weight of the bass please.
Cheers
[/quote]

Hi, I don't have any very accurate scales able to weigh more than a couple of hundred grams, but my fishing scales make it 4200g. So around 9lb 4oz.

Weekend bump, also listing now changed to collection only, this bass has no hardcase and I don't have a spare one I can use to send it by courier. I am prepared to meet a buyer within about 50 miles of Witney, but prefer buyer to collect. You can play it through a decent amp and cab before buying it then, too!

[quote name='jazzmanb' timestamp='1476281581' post='3152994']
Put it in a case and i'll courier it back ;) job sorted :)
[/quote]

That's possible, I bought a bass a couple of weeks ago using the same system. Cost me £16 to send the empty case back.

Edited by FinnDave