Why become a member? ×

Status Black Beauty prototype "feeler"

durandassi

Well , here is the question i thought i'd never ask, Is anyone interested in my Kingbass Black Beauty, Prototype 23. you can see the bass in the prototype section at www.statii.com on the left of your screen, as well as here, next to my retro.

This bass was used by Mark King, and i have a letter signed by Rob Green of Status and Mark to prove it.
The bass also comes with a rear plate signed by Mark, and a spare one which is fitted to the bass.

The bass has all the usual specs, bendwell, red led's, gold hardware etc. it is in top condition and has only had light use by me. i believe there were 2 previous owners.

it comes with the original hiscox case which has Marks initials painted on.

THIS IS A FEELER AT THE MO!! i have not made my mind up yet, but will consider any serious offer, please bear in mind that this is the prototype and has been used by Mark, so no silly offers please.

Obviously this is a great collecters piece, but an amazing bass to play as well.

Why am i thinking of selling? :) Well , since i got my retroglide i have'nt played this bass at all, and i was happy to have it as a collecters piece, the reality of the situation is that i'm not really a collecter (if money was no object i would be)! and a few thing have come up where i may need the money.:@:@

PM me if interested,

regards, James.:|

p.s. i'm based near Salisbury.

Since it was Mark's bass, I take it it's got 16,5 mm spacing? It would be more attractive to me with "regular" spacing. However, I'm still a bit interested. Please PM me your thoughts about the price, and the spacing.

BTW, I've seen you using this bass on youtube (Fashion Fever), you really play and sing great (coming from another singing bass player :) )

[quote name='Stockholm Syndrome' post='300516' date='Oct 6 2008, 02:39 PM']Since it was Mark's bass, I take it it's got 16,5 mm spacing? It would be more attractive to me with "regular" spacing. However, I'm still a bit interested. Please PM me your thoughts about the price, and the spacing.

BTW, I've seen you using this bass on youtube (Fashion Fever), you really play and sing great (coming from another singing bass player :) )[/quote]

Hi , thanks, although the you tube clips really don't do the bass any justice, I had old strings on and was going thru some cheap monitors.

It has 16.5 string spacing, marks preference as you know.

I'll pm you.

Regards, James.

[quote name='durandassi' post='300567' date='Oct 6 2008, 03:44 PM']Hi , thanks, although the you tube clips really don't do the bass any justice, I had old strings on and was going thru some cheap monitors.

It has 16.5 string spacing, marks preference as you know.

I'll pm you.

Regards, James.[/quote]

I know a guy who miight well be interested......!

[quote name='bassspace' post='300798' date='Oct 6 2008, 08:51 PM']HI, I might be interested does £800 seem enough?
no idea what the value is
rich[/quote]

i lol'd :huh:

im not sure on the exact value, but im thinking anything under £2000 might not be enough :)

Edited by BassManKev

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='300808' date='Oct 6 2008, 09:08 PM']Don't quote me on this, as it's not my bass, but double it and you'll be getting a lot closer![/quote]

Bet you were thinking of ways to stretch the strings out to 17.5mm eh Rich? :)

Fantastic Bass...... it had something my other Kingbasses didn't, bigger fundamental I thought, what a player !!!

I was the first owner after Mark used it live..... it still had the strings he used on the gig !!

bought it direct from Dawn & Rob and met Mark at Newcastle where he kindly signed the certificate and the bass.

His comment to me was "I wondered where this would turn up..... " Mark said he thought this was a great Bass but Rob was trying a different neck profile at the time and his other 3 kingbasses were all the same so he had his own Black Beauty made to match the other 3 he had at the time.

A bit of Status / Mark King History for sure....... wish I could find a reason to have it back !!

Good Luck with the sale, someone's gonna be very very happy for sure !!

ATB

Mark