Why become a member? ×

FS: Yamaha BB1200 mega Precision **SOLD**
£450

Beedster

Original listing here [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/240818-fs-yamaha-bb1200-ohsc-sold-pending-the-usual/page__hl__yamaha%20bb1200"]http://basschat.co.u...yamaha%20bb1200[/url]

I recently reacquired this bass but have got to put some cash elsewhere. Trust me, this is a magnificent instrument on absolutely every level, and frankly worth three times the asking price. OHSC case included.

Chris

Edited by Beedster

[quote name='Sharkfinger' timestamp='1473147915' post='3127268']
Hey Chris, going to be 'that guy' and ask about the weight. Previous thread never did get round to putting a figure on it.
[/quote]

Hi mate, it's moderate weight, I don't have accurate scales here but it's lighter than both my Fender Precisions, neither of which are heavy by any means. However if you're looking for a light instrument per se, this is probably not it.

Cheers

C

I've wanted one of these for ages. Peter Hook rates his 1200S with the active circuit as the best bass he's ever owned. I prefer passives, so as a Hooky obsessive the 1200 is a bass I've lusted after. Then I rewatched the Love Will Tear Us Apart video, and Hooky's actually playing a 1200 - the 1200S was a replacement after his first Yamaha was stolen along with the rest of New Order's equipment.

[quote name='chriswareham' timestamp='1473149745' post='3127290']
I've wanted one of these for ages. Peter Hook rates his 1200S with the active circuit as the best bass he's ever owned. I prefer passives, so as a Hooky obsessive the 1200 is a bass I've lusted after. Then I rewatched the Love Will Tear Us Apart video, and Hooky's actually playing a 1200 - the 1200S was a replacement after his first Yamaha was stolen along with the rest of New Order's equipment.
[/quote]

:)