Why become a member? ×

Peavey max 115 combo - anyone gigging one

mojobass

[url="http://www.iguitarmag.com/magazine-editions/guitar-interactive-issue-23/reviews/peavey-max-115-combo/"]http://www.iguitarma...-max-115-combo/[/url]

We use 2 older models at our music club, the Max160 head into a 115 and a TKO115 combo. Peavey are reliable plug and play workhorses.

Edited by grandad

Yes! When we don't have the biggest and best PA support I use my singers Peavey 115. It's a relatively older model (6-7 years?) But it is loud and clear. At 150watts it gives much better output than my 250watt Ashdown. Have used it at a gig in a "half" marquee where we had an open side and there was a basic PA, was driving it beyond the speaker warning light point at times but it was trying to fill an entire county with bass sound, being outdoors.
As previously said, reliable workhorse indeed.

Woefully out of date reference but I had a bombproof PV with a BW.
That is all you could say about it tbh... bombproof.

Soundwise, it just couldn't cut it.
Nowadays I wouldn't even bother but our expectations move on.

You need to demo it in context and then have a pairs of ears you REALLY trust to tell you how it is...or failing that, record it from afar at a gig..just so you hear how the bass sits with the band.

My pet theme atm is.... don't settle for 'cut thru', settle for underpin or provide a foundation for the band...and these two 'goals' are miles apart in terms of people's perspective , IMO.