Why become a member? ×

FS: '65 Precision, Modulus Flea, USA '75 RI Jazz
£5600

Beedster

Mmmmmm, happiness is a warm P!
As much as the '65 has me revisiting my 'I'd like a 60's Precision' feelings again, I'm not quite sure it's enough for me to move on my '71 P.......hmmmmm

Si

[quote name='njr911' timestamp='1470047453' post='3102846']
I wan't all three of these basses...the GAS never stops does it.

GLWTS
[/quote]

Death, taxes and GAS, the facts of life :)

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1470054622' post='3102911']
Mmmmmm, happiness is a warm P!
As much as the '65 has me revisiting my 'I'd like a 60's Precision' feelings again, I'm not quite sure it's enough for me to move on my '71 P.......hmmmmm

Si
[/quote]

Si, if the 71's a keeper, keep it mate. I have a real special affection for really early 70's Precisions, probably more than I do for late 60's models. No idea why, just seemed to be some real gems in those golden years?

Of course, you could have both ...... :)

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1470084201' post='3103218']
I couldn't have both at the mo unfortunately.....and I don't think the '71 is going anywhere, it's just......me :)

GLWTS, will make someone very happy
Si
[/quote]

Thanks Si, sounds like the right decision mate

C

With some regret given the interest from overseas in both the Flea and the '65, it's looking like the sales will need to be UK only, unless someone can point me in the direction of a courier that will cover musical instruments over £1000 in value. I found couriers that will cover instruments but only up to £1000, and couriers that will cover up to £2000 in value but not musical instruments. Whilst a couple of folks have indicates that they're happy to take a risk, I'm not sure I am.

Chris

Rather lovely Modulus Flea and an equally lovely Fender Jazz still waiting for new owners here folks. I've put them both back in their hard cases and put both in the bespoke bass storage area of the house (i.e., under the bed and a long way from the music room) to avoid playing them because every time I pick up either I want to keep them :)

Edited by Beedster

[quote name='AndyTravis' timestamp='1470839934' post='3108855']
Just wish the Flea was a sparkle finish...
[/quote]

I loved my blue sparkly Flea until I took it on stage and all of a sudden it looked a bit, well, much, for me anyway. Perhaps not the right instrument for Chicago Blues?

Can't find a blue sparkly? Buy this and get it refinned?

That's the thing Chris, I'm debating it.

I've actually put some gear up for sale as we speak. Don't know if I'd need a 5 or 4...and there is an FU5 In black too...

I'm sure SIMS used to do some of the sparkle finishes for SMART distribution when they did Modulus...

[quote name='AndyTravis' timestamp='1470841975' post='3108877']
That's the thing Chris, I'm debating it.

I've actually put some gear up for sale as we speak. Don't know if I'd need a 5 or 4...and there is an FU5 In black too...

I'm sure SIMS used to do some of the sparkle finishes for SMART distribution when they did Modulus...
[/quote]

Yep, I think that's the case. Martin did a Flea Bass a while back for me, incredible glass-like finish.

Incidentally, I've got to go down there next week so could drop it in for you :)

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1470842873' post='3108892']

Yep, I think that's the case. Martin did a Flea Bass a while back for me, incredible glass-like finish.

Incidentally, I've got to go down there next week so could drop it in for you :)
[/quote]

I need the other gear gone first 😂

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1470896635' post='3109164']
A new Flea will now set you back $4999 plus US tax plus courier, import duties, VAT, which is in total close to £5000.....
[/quote]

Yup, that's direct from my inbox...gulp.

That was a funk unlimited 5 with all the basic options, apart from a flake finish. You'd still be at £4750 or thereabouts for a 4 string equivalent and for a black one you'd still be over £4000.

[quote name='AndyTravis' timestamp='1470913874' post='3109301']
Yup, that's direct from my inbox...gulp.

That was a funk unlimited 5 with all the basic options, apart from a flake finish. You'd still be at £4750 or thereabouts for a 4 string equivalent and for a black one you'd still be over £4000.
[/quote]

Still something of a price rise since they came back into production isn't it Andy?

Had a few questions about the Jazz. I don't have scales here but it's a moderate weight instrument. Neck isn't Geddy Lee thin but it is a thin C profile. It's in good condition and comes with hard case (which IIRC is a Fender). It also comes with both ashtrays.

Anyway folks, I'm happy to discuss offers on either, but to keep it simple, let's work like this: If you need it sent by courier, the Flea or the Jazz are staying at the prices indicated. If you can collect, I'm happy to negotiate, simply because it reduces the hassle and the risk. Fair enough? I'm also happy to bring either up to that London on the train to facilitate a deal.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1470949610' post='3109621']
Jazz sold pending the usual
[/quote]

Well the Jazz has sold but is still available - let's just say that the gentleman in question bought one more bass than he should have done! So, this increasingly rare and rather special Jazz is up for sale again and at a price that is considerably lower than it is to be found in other places (I've seen them going for £400 more recently). It's boxed and ready to go, pay today, and it could be with you for your Friday night gig :)