Why become a member? ×

Status Shark 5 String Fretless (Modified)...SOLD
£275

ebenezer

Up for sale is my(1997) Status Shark 5 string. I bought this bass new with the intention of modifying it which I did. Firstly I took the bass to the Overwater guitar company who fitted a Bartolini humbucker pick up with coil-tap switch along with a Bartolini TCT tone circuit, treble mid and bass, cut and boost. The pick up wasn't as wide as the original so Overwater made a custom pick guard to fit.....bass weighs 8.8 pounds.

After a certain length of time I decided to have the bass made fretless. Luthier, Nigel Stockbridge, from Richmond, North Yorkshire removed the frets. The bass has recently had some pots renewed and set up by Twincam (Aidan) of this very parish.

Bass is in excellent condition and plays exceedingly well with plenty of mwah lol......possible trades [font=Times New Roman][size=3][color=#000000] [/color][/size][/font]

[font=Calibri][size=3][color=#000000]Would prefer collection but if buyer wants to arrange their own courier I can package well.[/color][/size][/font]

Edited by ebenezer

I liked the neck profile on this, its flat at the back like the graphite models (or some of them anyhow not a status expert), very comfortable and that is coming from someone who struggles with larger necks and other 5 strings.
If this was fretted I would of been very interested myself.

Interesting that the wood neck on this 5 strings weighs less than some status graphite 4 string necks.