Why become a member? ×

Can anyone help value some vintage guitar pedals

xverminate2

Hi,
I have just started sifting through yrs of collected items with the view of selling etc and have found a box of guitar
pedals i had sealed up since the 80s.
1 pedal is an Ibanez Overdrive OD-850. I was intending to let this go cheap,but have since searched and found some silly prices up to £395, is this right?
If they are worth more than a few quid! :) I might be getting a new bass.
I will make full list later this week.
If you have a fair idea of old gear from pedals to amps and recording Please help!

Thanks
Greg

[quote name='xverminate2' post='296086' date='Oct 1 2008, 12:33 AM']Hi,
I have just started sifting through yrs of collected items with the view of selling etc and have found a box of guitar
pedals i had sealed up since the 80s.
1 pedal is an Ibanez Overdrive OD-850. I was intending to let this go cheap,but have since searched and found some silly prices up to £395, is this right?
If they are worth more than a few quid! :huh: I might be getting a new bass.
I will make full list later this week.
If you have a fair idea of old gear from pedals to amps and recording Please help!

Thanks
Greg[/quote]
Don't expect too much. I recently dug out my 1980s Ibanez FL-9 flanger after hearing they were very much in demand. But the last one on ebay went for £36.

You might want to hold on to yours until the economy picks up (another ten years? :) )

Cheers

Mark

Let me know what you find you have I might be interested in a few things but will tell you what the fair price on them all is.

The old tube screamers are odd toys people still buy the old hissy, bad bypass versions when far superior clones and boutique ones are available at a fraction of the price your market for them is guitarists and the best place to sell stuff like that is www.thegearpage.com but you have to be a supporting member and be willing to ship to america else you take your chances on ebay and one day you might get £300 for it next you might get £50

But like I said let me know what you've got and I'll see what info I can provide on them

Thanks lads,
I ahall make a full list asap.
By the way! Iv'e appeared on the price is right and didnt win a sausage!!!!

Just a few more bits have come to mind.

1. A 70s Akai M8 reel to reel stereo tape housed in its own flight case. 2x ballance valve power amps with internal speakers /vu's/ 1/4" jack for inputs l and r /line input/ext speakers out

2. 100 watt 5 or 6 channel pa . It is housed in a metal case,the lid flips open and can be removed, it has a built in tape echo made by binson. I think the unit is a selmar.
I have not opened this pa for yrs and yrs so carnt remenber make for sure.

[quote name='xverminate2' post='298056' date='Oct 2 2008, 09:49 PM']1. A 70s Akai M8 reel to reel stereo tape housed in its own flight case. 2x ballance valve power amps with internal speakers /vu's/ 1/4" jack for inputs l and r /line input/ext speakers out[/quote]

almost a year ago now a friend of mine bought one of those, and it only went for about 25 IIRC but the tape heads really needed a realignment... if it's the same design as the Akai one that he bought, you can take each of the 5 watt tube amps out, and make a guitar amp out of each one if you know what you're doing....i've got one of the channels, and the amp is about 60% done (usable, just not complete)....great little thing, works for bass too.

Unless the tape heads don't need maintenance, in which case it can be worth a lot more than that...there's one going in a shop up the road for 80, no tubes in that one. And, if it's a studio model (with the larger reels/wider tape) then i'd imagine it's worth even more....

But really, it completely depends on the condition of it, and who you can find to buy it.