Why become a member? ×

Refused to gig last night - being unreasonable?

BNB71

[quote name='Mykesbass' timestamp='1466791858' post='3078938']
Different folks, different minimum standards. Mine would have been I've agreed a gig, I play it.
[/quote]

ok... what about what the other side agreed to do...and sounds like they didn't?

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1466801043' post='3079035']

ok... what about what the other side agreed to do...and sounds like they didn't?
[/quote]
I'd still want to stick to what I had agreed. I guess I have something of that "show must go on" mentality.

[quote name='Mykesbass' timestamp='1466835398' post='3079196']
I'd still want to stick to what I had agreed. I guess I have something of that "show must go on" mentality.
[/quote]

Experience or just been doing it too long etc etc... says do it properly or don't do it at all and don't waste anyone's time.

My thinking would be 'what sort of show were we thinking'.... and I don't believe all gigs are good gigs.

We obviously differ, but the key thing would be that the people I play with don't.

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1466847130' post='3079298']

Experience or just been doing it too long etc etc... says do it properly or don't do it at all and don't waste anyone's time.

My thinking would be 'what sort of show were we thinking'.... and I don't believe all gigs are good gigs.

We obviously differ, but the key thing would be that the people I play with don't.
[/quote]
My point is it is down to what you have agreed. If the other side screws up I'd still make every effort to go ahead. I can't imagine you would have taken such a booking in the first place.

[quote name='Mykesbass' timestamp='1466873040' post='3079508']

My point is it is down to what you have agreed. If the other side screws up I'd still make every effort to go ahead. I can't imagine you would have taken such a booking in the first place.
[/quote]

My view is still that the booking was inappropriate for a full band. The two guitarists performed an presumably the bar and audience enjoyed it.

Job done.