Why become a member? ×

I need an Overwater 6 string bridge or a six string bridge with a plate at least 80mm front to back

Owen

I have in my possesion the Overwater 6 string bass which was on the for sale forum recently which needs a bridge. Obviously the first port of call for a bridge is Overwater themselves but they have stopped using them and it was a custom built piece for them. I am awaiting a response about it from them. If they have a spare than happy days, but I am not holding my breath. Does anyone have one lurking in their parts box? Hey! It could happen. If not then I will either need to fill the cavity which the bridge sits in
[url="http://s8.photobucket.com/user/peredur/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160615_163436_zpsohxdjtwd.jpg.html"][/url]
and use A N Other bridge or find a bridge with a pretty large baseplate - 80mm x 125mm. Does anyone have any leads?

TIA

Edited by owen

Thanks, I had thought about wood but not a metal plate. I am moving towards just sending it up to Overwater who reckon they have the bits and then it will be kosher Overwater (always keeping an eye on re-sale!) rather than Owen Custom Shop.

If Overwater have the parts then that could be winner. Would they send them out to you, or only fit themselves?

Another option could be to fill the deepest cavity and then use a bridge designed for a recess, like the Warwick 2 part one. However I think the options so far will likely get a better finish.

What's the electrics like? Preamp and cavity all ok?

Chris (first name terms now!) would like to do the work up in Overwater HQ. As I have repeatedly discovered in my attempts to do any sort of DIY, I always have to pay a professional to do it properly afterwards anyway so I will send it up. The cavity looks to be fine and dandy and there is a slight crackling on the posts to suggest that there is action in there.

[quote name='Shockwave' timestamp='1466252882' post='3074432']
You could rout the cavity further out and get a kahler 6 string tremolo bridge!!
[/quote]

I totally could :)

However...........................