Why become a member? ×

VINTAGE FENDER P BASS NECK PLATE 1960's for sale

Need to raise some funds for a new bass so will be removing various parts from my 1973 fender precision and will be selling in due course if anyone is interested.

First up for grabs now is the neck plate from a 1960's precision bass. the serial number is 826** This date can be verified on the Fender website.

If anyone is interested I have a 73 P bass that i will be breaking up and selling as spares.

The neck is very aged but origonal but has a new nut fitted and requires three frets re fretting(18.19 and20)

the body is origonal but needs a refinish and has been routed to cater for an additional bridge pickup

The tuning keys and bridge are both origonal and in full working order.

Regards

Mark

[quote name='4 candles' post='295681' date='Sep 30 2008, 05:44 PM']Need to raise some funds for a new bass so will be removing various parts from my 1973 fender precision and will be selling in due course if anyone is interested.

First up for grabs now is the neck plate from a 1960's precision bass. the serial number is 826** This date can be verified on the Fender website.

If anyone is interested I have a 73 P bass that i will be breaking up and selling as spares.

The neck is very aged but origonal but has a new nut fitted and requires three frets re fretting(18.19 and20)

the body is origonal but needs a refinish and has been routed to cater for an additional bridge pickup

The tuning keys and bridge are both origonal and in full working order.

Regards

Mark[/quote]

Hi Mark,

Why don't you sell it as a whole bass?

Steve

[quote name='birdy' post='295698' date='Sep 30 2008, 06:00 PM']Hi Mark,

Why don't you sell it as a whole bass?

Steve[/quote]

It is a 73 p bass very worn out, I had intended to keep the neck and have it made lined fretless. I intended to have the body sprayed fiesta red and fit the existing hardware and some vintage pickups a la pino paladino. looking at the bass, I think that due to the extra routing that has been done, the body is worth little, the scratchplate has an extra hole where the 3rd pot was fitted and so has lost value and ive torn out the pickups so the bass is currently in bits and i'm trying to recoup some money.

regards

mark

[quote name='4 candles' post='295845' date='Sep 30 2008, 08:23 PM']It is a 73 p bass very worn out, I had intended to keep the neck and have it made lined fretless. I intended to have the body sprayed fiesta red and fit the existing hardware and some vintage pickups a la pino paladino. looking at the bass, I think that due to the extra routing that has been done, the body is worth little, the scratchplate has an extra hole where the 3rd pot was fitted and so has lost value and ive torn out the pickups so the bass is currently in bits and i'm trying to recoup some money.

regards

mark[/quote]

Cool, thanks for the reply.

Steve

• 1 year later...

Unless Mark had loads of these, I bought the body and neck when the original ads came up.

[quote name='Dick Fontaine' post='922096' date='Aug 11 2010, 10:41 PM']Hi there, have you still got these parts for sale- if so how much would you like for them?! Cheers. Rich[/quote]