Why become a member? ×

Sold : TOKAI Jazz Bass CUSTOM EDITION 80'ies
£499

dafonky

Brilliant Jazz bass built during the 80'ies, with a very rare J/J/J configuration (3 Jazzbass pickups) , volume,tone and 2 pickup switches.
This is not the basic "Jazz Sound " model, but the much better "Custom Edition " model with Sen body ( japanese ash), solid hardware, tuners, strong pickups and a real nice jazzbass neck with 60'ies pre cbs Jazzbass frets .

A lot of tonal possibilities , including a 70'ies jazzbass sound, a faboulus jacoish sound or a Stingray / Sabre - like sound ( there is a video on youtube with Danny Stewart from bass japan direct demonstrating this nice MIJ Jazz bass) make it a very usefull bass both for playing live and recording.
This MIJ Jazzbass is 100% original, everything is working fine (truss rod, electronics), frets are in very good shape.
This Tokai sounds much better than its price might tell !

I prefer Precision neck shapes, therefore I stay with my Custom Edition Precision from the same period .
Comes with a gigbag

No trades please

Edited by dafonky

This looks a really interesting bass. More, closer-up pictures would help your sale.

Also, on a mobile, folk can't see where you are. So it's useful to tell people where you live. Also, as you live in Germany, folk in the UK (most people here) would like to know if the price includes the carriage to the UK.

This bass is really tempting, but I really shouldn't be buying more basses.

GLWTS

Thanks for your advice !

Indeed, it's a very very interesting and rare Tokai, most of these 80'ies are classic J- basses .
Here we go :
I can offer shipping from Germany to EU .

Some more pics will follow immediately