Why become a member? ×

Peavey Population Grows Again !!

kodiakblair

[color=#333333]It's happened again [/color]

[color=#333333]Another unplanned Peavey. [/color]

[color=#333333]On Sunday night a good friend called with some bad news, terminal cancer and less than 3 months to live. This was bad enough but something he said[/color]
[color=#333333]that struck a chord. He recently fixed up his 2 motorcycles and we are experiencing unusually good weather in Scotland,sadly he's too sick to enjoy his bikes[/color]
[color=#333333]in the short time left.[/color]

[color=#333333]Having an almost complete Peavey collection I don't want to run out of time before it's finished. I'd been looking for an Axecelerator but hit some problems,[/color]
[color=#333333]GC won't ship used goods overseas,my cousin in America can't be bothered to purchase one for me and a recent one on Ebay.de felt like a scam ! I only know[/color]
[color=#333333]one Axecelerator owner in the UK but I'm at a loss as to why they're so scarce. Light weight,low action due to the combination of Peavey neck and micro tilt,[/color]
[color=#333333]35" scale so a good B string and 18V preamp.[/color]

[color=#333333]W[size=4]ell on Sunday bassic.ch member jogi68 came to the rescue.[/size][size=4] He had a lovely purple 5 string for sale and was happy to ship to Scotland [/size][/color]
[color=#333333]So Scotland's Peavey clan has a new brother. Managed about a half hour and I'm impressed,don't normally play 5 strings but the Wilkinson adjustable[/color]
[color=#333333]bridge will help if I struggle with string spacing.First Purple bass too[/color]

[color=#333333]Enough yakking here's the photos [/color]
[color=#333333][attachment=220681:Axcelerator 5 (2).jpg][attachment=220682:Axcelerator 5 (3).jpg][/color]

Never saw the Cirrus but I have the exact same G-bass with the black sparkle finish. Was blissfully unaware it was 35" until recently :D

The Cirrus though is a beauty.Would have thought they'd have went with the micro-tilt,it having single saddles.Easier than a shim.
I ground down the posts on my BXP Cirrus neck thru to lower the action.That fella's got the Millennium preamp too.

Extra sweet :)

Aye they're cheap enough when they do come up. $300 looks about the norm in the states.
After getting robbed by paypal's exchange rate this was £330 delivered,damn we live in an
expensive country. Even the UK shipping quote was high, I got £48 but Jogi's was 40euro.

He split the cost 50/50 :)