Why become a member? ×

I've lost my transistors !!

ahpook

I had a plastic Watford Valves valve box with all my assorted transistors in it and it's gone.

Spare room's been turned upside down (and hoovered...thought I might as well)....nothing :( I had a brace of BJTs and FETs in there, as well as some germaniums too....acouple of mystery ones salvaged from CFT I was going to make a fuzz out of...

I fear the box fell in the bin and got emptied last week....

I feel..........lost.

Edited by ahpook

[quote name='ahpook' timestamp='1464801729' post='3062737']
I had a plastic Watford Valves valve box with all my assorted transistors in it and it's gone.

Spare room's been turned upside down (and hoovered...thought I might as well)....nothing :( I had a brace of BJTs and FETs in there, as well as some germaniums too....acouple of mystery ones salvaged from CFT I was going to make a fuzz out of...

I fear the box fell in the bin and got emptied last week....

I feel..........lost.
[/quote]

Oddly yesterday I lost my valves I put them down while working on the amp then they had gone. Turns out they were in the couch. Good thing no one sat down.

[quote name='Twincam' timestamp='1464803883' post='3062770']
Oddly yesterday I lost my valves I put them down while working on the amp then they had gone. Turns out they were in the couch. Good thing no one sat down.
[/quote]

It's a nightmare getting a seat on the tube...

:)

Edited by ahpook

[QUOTE]twincam said:

Good thing no one sat down.[/QUOTE]

Good for the valves, good for whoever sat down. I bet they've seen everything in A&E, but not that - at least not for a few decades !

Tea and sympathy on your loss, ahpook. Try Cricklewood Electronics, they still stock all the right transistors, you name it.......

LD