Why become a member? ×

Removable Wheels on heavy cabs

BasicBird

My bass cab has removable whees. why ?

Its pretty much impossible to move without them (well for me anyhow) so what is the point of them being removable, just to get to them means tipping the cab upside down.

Is there any advantage (sound wise) if i was to take them off, know that hifi enthusiasts go to great lengths when it come to speaker stands and so on.

Just wondering

[quote name='BasicBird' timestamp='1464509584' post='3059873']
My bass cab has removable whees. why ?...
[/quote]

Some manufacturers provide for those wishing to stack cabs, one on top of t'other, and, as it's not much more bother than having fixed castors, allow the option of removing them. Is there a sonic advantage, with or without..? No; none at all. Keep the benefit of portability and retain the wheels.
In some cases, I've removed castors when filling a tour bus chock-a-block; the castors took up space I needed. A rather rare case, however. I keep mine on, all of the time, now (I've a bigger van... ;) )

Edit: I remember a sloping stage, once, which was 'fun', chasing after all the wheeled gear. They're not all brakeable, y'know..! :lol:

Edited by Dad3353